Sunday, March 20, 2011

March

Suddenly it is March (it is wrong of me to archive time as sudden, especially when I have observed how it slips by in a flurry). Perhaps I have not used all five senses going about life. Despite the entry being recorded 0008hrs, Sg time, I am in Houston, TX which is 13 hours behind. Traveling back and forth in time, sometimes I pass by the same hour twice; it is of a bit regret that I do not understand how to appreciate certain moments to the fullest until much later upon reflection.

Tokyo was cold. I hibernated despite being on holiday, train rides were long and the rainy mornings were early. It snowed the day we departed from Narita Airport. Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood was screening in the system but I willed myself not to watch, preferring to leave the text as imaginary illustration instead of chosen faces picked by a casting director.

I regret not throwing a snow ball at you, just once would have made a nice memory. 9th Mar, Japan received a 7.2 magnitude foreshock, followed by the main earthquake on 11th Mar. 7th Mar, we headed for home. Deep down I know you would try the hardest to bring us to safe grounds if the earthquake had wanted us. You work the hardest, always. For that I fell in love, and in love with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home